Weirton - 3000
version of above picture is located at Weirton Eye Clinic, Dr. Frank DeCaria's Office.
This picture was scanned from a negative donated by Weirton Steel
Company. The picture shows
a view looking south on Main Street in the 3000 block during the Independence Day Parade in 1950.
Buildings on the right include: International Pure Food Market (3049 Main St. & Established by
Salvatore DeCaria in the year 1929), Richards Credit Clothing (3053 Main St.), Welcome Bar, and
D.W. Sole & Son Drug Store (3065 Main Street). South of the Taylor St. intersection, the Time
Finance co. (3101 Main St.) and Cramer's Nunn-Busch Shoes can be seen. Buldings on the left
include: Jones Oldsmobile Service, Weirton Cigar & Candy Co. and Gridiron Bar (3056 Main St.),
and the A & S Food Store (3070 Main St.). The Colonial Ballroom was upstairs at the A & S Food