version of above picture is located at Pixels N Frames
above was taken for the Weirton Steel Bulletin on April 2, 1966. On that day the new
Weirton Heights Fire Station at Gilson &
Pennsylvania Avenue was dedicated to the memory of
Jack B. Stankiewicz, founder of
the Weirton Heights Fire Dept. and the Hancock County Fire
Association. The new station supplemented the older one on Weirton Heights, located
near 17th Street. Shown cutting the ribbon is Mayor Frank Rybka.
To the Mayor's right is Tony
P. Sellitti. To the Mayor's left is J. Haydn
Harris of Weirton Steel Co. and Rev. Fr. Sylvestor
Staud of St. Paul's Roman Catholic
version of above picture is on located at Weirton Area Museum & Cultural Center.
above was taken for the Weirton Steel Bulletin on November 26, 1952. The Weirton
Volunteer Fire Company No. 1 is shown
contributing a $1000 check to the new Weirton General
Hospital, which was being built
on Weircrest at the time. The picture was taken at the fire
located at the City Building on County Road near Avenue "J." Andrew Billie
version of above picture is on located at Paper & Press, Ink
above was taken for the Weirton Steel Bulletin in 1958. The
men and equipment of
the Weirton Fire Dept. and the 3 other Volunteer
Companies are pictured above. All of the
vehicles had radio contact
with the main fire station at the City Building on County Road.
fire truck, the 1916 Ford, is in the center of the picture. Fire Chief John
is standing second right from the 1916 truck.